NEWS & EVENTS
- Prof. Anne Todgham and her research team have spent the last many years conducting research down at McMurdo Station as part of the US Antarctic Program examining the sensitivity of Antarctic fishes to climate change. Their work was featured on the BBC World News nightly newscast. If you are interested you can check out the piece here:
- Ag Field Day is this weekend. There will be close to 4,000 4-H and FFA high schoolers from California and Nevada on campus Friday and Saturday, competing in livestock judging, veterinary science, milk quality, computer applications and more. More about this and some photos, in next weeks edition.
- Amy Mclean was quoted in The Horse, in the article “Kenyan Officials Declare Ban on Donkey Slaughter”. The article can be viewed here:
- Dietmar Kueltz and others published “Establishment and characterization of an anoxia-tolerant cell line, PSU-AL-WS40NE, derived from an embryo of the annual killifish Austrofundulus limnaeus”, in Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology Part B: Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and can be viewed here:
OUTREACH & TRAVEL
- Alison Van Eenennaam spoke on Genome Editing at the 2020 ADSA-ASAS Midwest Annual Meeting. in Omaha, NE; on Alternative Meats and Alternative Statistics at the Golden State Dairy Management Conference in Modesto; and attended a two-day “US-UK Scientific Forum on Sustainable Agriculture” at the National Academies’ of Science Keck Center in Washington, DC.
- Dr. Matthias Hess met with Anja Karliczek, the Federal Minister of Education and Research of Germany.
- Yanhong Liu’s group attended the ASAS Midwest meeting (Omaha, NE, March 2nd to 4th, 2020) to present their research on Alternatives to Antibiotics! Liu’s PhD student, Kwangwook Kim, was awarded as 2020 Midwest Animal Science Young Scholar, which is one of the most prestigious ASAS-ADSA awards provided to students and early career scientists.
- Amy Mclean was invited to give a lecture on “Issues and Management of Wild Donkeys” this week on 3/3 at Sacramento State University for the Weekly Colloquium for Environmental Studies, Geology and USGS.