AWARDS & GRANTS
- Linda Truong and Samantha Werth were awarded a CA ARPAS Memorial Scholarship for 2020 from the California Chapter of the American Registry of Professional Animal Scientists. The scholarship acknowledges academic excellent related to research that benefits CA agriculture and society. Linda is a Ph.D. candidate in the Animal Biology Graduate Group working with Professor Annie King while Samantha is a Ph.D. candidate in the Animal Biology Graduate Group working with Professors Jim Oltjen and Frank Mitloehner.
- Richard Blatchford and Maja Makagon attended the 5th Annual Perdue Farms Animal Care Summit virtually on October 22nd, 2020.
- Monday 10/26, 12:10-1:00 pm “Genetically Engineered Disease Resistance in Livestock: Science, Supper, Society”, Kevin Wells PhD, Associate Professor, University of Missouri.
- Amy McLean and others published “A pilot serosurvey for selected pathogens in feral donkeys (Equus asinus).”Animals.(1796).2020. doi: 10.3390/ani10101796
- Pablo Ross and others published “Recent progress in bovine in vitro-derived embryo cryotolerance: Impact of in vitro culture systems, advances in cryopreservation and future considerations.“ Reprod Domest Anim. 2020 Jun;55(6):659-676. doi: 10.1111/rda.13667. Epub 2020 Apr 17.
- Anne Todgham was a co-author on a review by the associate editors in Conservation Physiology “Reframing conservation physiology to be more inclusive, integrative, relevant and forward-looking: reflections and a horizon scan” Conservation Physiology, Volume 8, Issue 1, 2020, academic.oup.com/conphys/article/8/1/coaa016/5815645