NEWS & EVENTS
- Dr. Fred Conte is retired from the University of California today, after 43 years of service as a Cooperative Extension (CE), Aquaculture Specialist. He joined the UC System after serving seven years with Texas A&M University working for the Experiment Station, and six years as a CE Aquaculture Specialist and marine shrimp researcher. "I have loved and take pride in my affiliation with the Department and University, and look forward to its continued growth and service." We wish Fred all the best in his retirement.
- Dr. Pablo J Ross separated from the University effective today to pursue new opportunities in the corporate world in Texas. We wish him success with all his endeavors.
AWARDS & GRANTS
- Anne Todgham has been named a Chancellor's Fellow in the class of 2020. Check it out at
- Jennifer Fitchhom-Walker, DVM Class of 1994, recently pledged $25,000 to support the Cetter for Animal Welfare. Jetuifer is currently the Directo,. Milk Quality & Cow Champion for Danone North America.
- Monday 1112120 - Lenya Quinn-Davidson will present on "Rethinking California's Fire Problem"
- Fred Conte and others published "Regulatory costs on Pacific coast shellfish farms" in Aquaculture Economics & Management. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/13657305.2020.1781293
- Juliana Candelatia AND Anna Deticol published "Ovarian preartral follicles are responsive to FSH as early as the primary stage of development" in the Journal of Endocrinology 247(2) 153-168.