Welcome to 2021!
NEWS & EVENTS
- Congratulations are in order to:
- Cass Tucker and Ryan McGladrey, who were married on December 21, 2020.
- Mike Miller for being named a 2021 UC Davis Chancellor's Fellow.
- Frank Mitlochner was recently recognized as a top educational leader and influencer in the region by Sacramento Magazine. You can see the digital issue of Sacramento Magazine here, with Frank's blurb on page 16:
AWARDS & GRANTS
- Jim Fadel was awarded a Certificate of Merit of Region 9 Excellence in Advising - Faculty Advisor, by the NACADA: The Global Community for Academic Advising.
OUTREACH & DEVELOPMENT
- Thanks to the efforts of our Development team the Department received a donation of 84 pairs of boots from the international brand Ariat. The boots are being distributed as needed to all of our animal facilities for our staff and students use.
- Next seminar is 1/25
- Milica Mandic and Anne Todgham published "Understanding the metabolic capacity of Antarctic fishes to acclimate to future ocean conditions" in Integrative and Comparative Biology:
- Matthias Hess and others published "A Genomic Catalog of Earth's Microbiomes" in Nature Biotechnology:
- Alisha Goodbla, Ravi Nagarajan, and Andrea Schreier published "Rapid and accurate species identification for ecological studies and monitoring using CRISPR-based SHERLOCK" in Molecular Ecology Resources:
- Christina Rufener and Maja Makagon published "Keel bone fractures in laying hens: a systematic review of prevalence across age, housing system and strains" in the Journal of Animal Science: