NEWS & EVENTS
- I trust everyone weathered the weather events of the last few days and have come through with little to no damage. The Department's facilities suffered a bit of minor damage, including some roof damage at the dairy, two trees down at the feedlot, and part of one shelter at the feedlot deconstructing shall we say (picture below). However, no one and no animals were hurt and the fence and shelter can be fixed.
- 2/1/21 - Dr. John Bianchi from Revivicor Inc. will present "The Gal Safe® Pig: motivation for development and overview of the regulatory path"
- Ying Wang and Huaijun Zhou published "Cerebellar nuclei evolved by repeatedly duplicating a conserved cell-type set" in Science:
- Amy McLean and others published "Back in the saddle: student response to remote online equine science classes" in Transl. Anim. Sci. 2020.4:1-7 doi: 10.1093/tas/txaa218
- Mike Mienaltowski, Ashley Bolt. John Henderson. Tannak Boyd. Nicole Marter. Elizabeth Maga and Ed DePeters published "Psyllium supplementation is associated with changes in the fecal microbiota of horses" in BMC Research Notes:
- Christina Rufener and Maja Makagon published "Keel bone fractures in laying hens: a systematic review of prevalence across age, housing system and strains" in the Journal of Animal Science:
- Allison Pullin, Christina Rufener), Richard Blatchford, and Maja Makagon published "Pullet rearing affects collisions and perch use in enriched colony cage layer housing":