NEWS & EVENTS
- A big THANK YOU to the IT team. Jason, Joanne, Alex, and Romeo, for all their help with the Department's virtual Goat Day. We really appreciate all of their efforts to support all that we do!
- Jackson Gross is the Department's latest YouTube star. Check out his short video "How to determine the sex of your fish" on the use of ultrasound to sex white sturgeon at:
AWARDS & GRANTS
- Huaijun Zhou was awarded the 2019-2020 Prize for Outstanding Achievement In Science by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada. Congratulations!
- No Seminar on Monday as it is the President's Day Holiday
- Scott Brandt, Bernie May, and Melinda Baerwald published "Enumerating Predation on Chinook Salmon, Delta Smelt and other San Francisco Estuary Fishes using Genetics" in the North American Journal of Fisheries Management:
- Monica Pechanec, Tannah Boyd, Mike Mienaltowski et al published "Adding exogenous biglycan or decorin improves tendon formation for equine peritenon and tendon proper cells in vitro" in BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders:
- Kaleiah Schiller, Catie McVey, Tina Horback et al. published "Chute scoring as a potential method for assessing individual differences in arousal among ewes" in Applies Animal Behaviour Science:
- Brooke C, Roque BM, Shaw C, Najafi N, Gonzalez M, Pfefferlen A, DeAnda V., Kebreab E., Hess M., et al. published "Methane Reduction Potential of Two Pacific Coast Macroalgae During in-vitro Ruminant Fermentation" in Frontiers in Marine Science: