NEWS & EVENTS
- Dr. Yijie He, a former PhD student in Yanhong's lab, received the Midwest Young Scholar Award from the Midwest Section of the American Society of Animal Science
AWARDS & GRANTS
- Amy McLean was awarded a grant by the American Veterinary Medicine Foundation for a "Pilot Study comparing blood and urine concentrations and pharmacokinetics of Flunixin Meglumine oral, injectable and transdermal in donkeys (Equus asinus)"
- Mark Cooper and others received a Grant, in conjunction with Newcastle University (UK), for Advancing Sustainable Development from UC Davis Global Affairs for a project entitled "Healthier Lives, Healthier Planet", which will create a curriculum to challenge graduate students to see their work related to global contexts.
- Mark Cooper also was awarded a 2021-2022 UC Davis Faculty Development Award to conduct a "Needs assessment of California livestock producers for climate change".
- Next seminar March 29th
- Yijie He, Yanhong Liu, and Peng Ji published "Metabolomic profile of weaned pigs challenged with E. coli and supplemented with Carbadox or Bacillus subtilis" in Metabolites. 11:81-104.
- Yijie He, Cynthia Jinno, Kwangwook Kim, Zhaohai Wu, Bie Tan, Xunde Li, Rose Whelan, and Yanhong Liu published "Dietary Bacillus spp. enhanced growth and disease resistance of weaned pigs by modulating intestinal microbiota and systemic immunity" in the Journal of Animal Science and Biotechnology. 11:101-119.
- Matthias Hess, Charles Shaw and others published "Anaerobic fungi: past, present and future" in Frontier in Microbiology. 2020. doi:10.3389/fmicb.2020.584893.