NEWS AND EVENTS
- WELCOME! New faculty member Anne Todgham
- Dairy Herd Network article quotes Frank Mitloehner & he is presenting at the Jan 11 Beef Improvement & Low Stress Cattle Handling Seminar to be held in Gladys Valley Hall, SVM
- Saturday “In it to Win It” Meat Goat Seminar Cole Facility
- IMPORTANT: the campus is rebranding for consistency across campus. Each college and unit can have its own unit phrase (“tagline”). For example the Health System is One Choice & One Team. What should ANS’s tagline be? What should CAES’s tagline be? Suggestions welcome!
- Undergrad Matthew Warren featured in a One World story at UC Davis thanking Annie King for her mentorship www.ucdavis.edu/one/stories/students/warren.html
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Juan Medrano, Alison Van Eenennaam, Huaijun Zhou attending the Plant Animal Genome Conference in San Diego
- Pablo Ross & Jim Murray attending the International Embryo Transfer Society Meeting in Reno
- Jan Roser & Joel Viloria traveled to Kyungpook National University in South Korea to present information on the Quarter Horse breed
- Molly Stephens received funding from the CA Dept of Fish & Wildlife for her “Little Kern Golden Trout Management Plan” proposal.
- Dietmar Kueltz received NSF grant
- Lisa Lit, Janelle Belanger, & Anita Oberbauer coauthors on “Differences in behavior and activity associated with a poly(a) expansion in the dopamine transporter in belgian Malinois” in PLoS One
- Ernie Chang coauthor of “Molt regulation in green and red color morphs of the crab, Carcinux maenas: gene expression of molt-inhibiting hormone signaling components” in J Exp Biol
- Greg Archer & Joy Mench author “Natural incubation patterns and the effects of exposing eggs to light at various times during incubation on post-hatch fear and stress responses in broiler (meat) chickens” in Applied Animal Behaviour Science
- Ernie Chang coauthor of “Mechanistic target of rapamycin (mTOR) signaling genes in decapod crustaceans: Cloning and tissue expression of mTOR, Akt, Rheb, and p70 S6 kinase in the green crab, Carcinus maenas, and blackback land crab, Gecarcinus lateralis” in Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol