NEWS AND EVENTS
- ANS dept awarded > $46,500 for IER/IUC proposals. Thank you to all who prepared proposals.
- Annual ANS Aggie Project Lamb Sale held Sunday huge success: 150 in attendance, 41 registered buyers, 25 head sold for record price.
- “In it to Win it” Meat Goat Showmanship Clinic held Jan 8 for youth at the Cole Facility: 75 youth participated
- Grad Student & Postdoc Career Fair Jan 19, 4-5, 114 South Hall
- Undergrad Interns need paperwork filed by Jan 23
- Nominations due for 2012 Outstanding Graduate Student Teaching Award 2/17
- Ag Leadership program; thanks to Annie King & Melissa Jordan
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Jan Carlson appointed to Board for the American Goat Federation
- Frank Mitloehner hosted Japanese Crew filming a documentary on the bubbles, digester, and the dairy head chambers. Will be broadcast on their national TV channel. Thanks to all who helped coordinate the filming
- Chinese Science Academy Delegates met with Jan Roser, Huaijun Zhou, Alison Van Eenennaam, & Pablo Ross then met with Jerry Johnson Kent Parker, Dan Sehnert, & Joel Viloria at the animal facilities.
- James Moller attended annual California Grant & Feed Association meeting
- ANS Undergrad Kristin Haitz selected for prestigious Dekeyser & Friends Foundation Internship to work with Dr. Jane Goodall in Germany Winter Quarter
- Ermias Kebreab & Colleagues submit large USDA-NIFA-AFRI grant
- Deanne Meyer submitted USDA grant
- John Eadie co-author of “Density-dependent nest predation in waterfowl: the relative importance of nest density versus nest dispersion” in Oecologia. Dec 2011
- Frank Mitloehner notified his Calif Air Resources Board grant was approved
- Trish Berger submitted USDA grant
- Ed DePeters coauthor on “Dietary lipid during the transition period to manipulate subcutaneous adipose tissue peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-γ co-regulator and target gene expression.” Dairy Sci Dec 2011