NEWS AND EVENTS
- Jim Oltjen contributed to a beef feature on San Francisco Radio
- The Jan 2016 Paint Horse Journal recognizing UC Davis An Sci as having bred Paint Horses for 50 or more years
- UC Davis Young Cattlemen's AI Clinic is set for March 21-23rd
- Welcome new SAO in advising Katherine Livingston. Stop by and say “hello”!
- Lydia Garas, Jill Hagey, Jim Murray & Elizabeth Maga co-authored: “Milk with and without lactoferrin can influence intestinal damage in a pig model of malnutrition” in Food and Function
- Ermias Kebreab & Ranga Appuhamy o-authors of “Prediction of phosphorus output in manure and milk by lactating dairy cows” in J. Dairy Sci
- Jim Fadel & Ermias Kebreab co-authors of “Effect of calving interval and parity on milk yield per feeding day in Danish commercial dairy herds” in J. Dairy. Sci. —the article was featured as an Editor's Choice for contributions to dairy science
- Mandi Finger awarded new contract "Phylogenetic Analysis of Vernal Pool Branchiopods in California" from USFWS
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Aggie Classic Lamb sale huge success! Best attendance ever
- Alison Van Eenennaam gave Invited Opening Plenary Keynote: “Will PAG Innovations Be Embraced Or Eschewed? The #Scicomm Challenge Facing Agricultural Biotechnology” Plant and Animal Genome XXIV. San Diego, CA to absolute rave reveiws.
- Alison Van Eenennaam presented “Gene Editing: Breeding or Genetic Engineering?” Plant and Animal Genome XXIV in San Diego, and “The use of GMOs in animal agriculture” & “Utilizing DNA Information in Cattle Selection Programs” to the Western Canadian Association of Bovine Practitioners in Calgary Canada
- Mandi Finger sampling with DWR to develop eDNA techniques to detect delta smelt
Contact Coral Alberi at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to sign up