NEWS AND EVENTS
- Yanina Bogliotti, ABG PhD Student with Pablo Ross, awarded FIRST place (out of > 40 competitors) in the International Embryo Transfer Society Foundation Graduate Student Research Competition held in Versailles, France for her work entitled, "Developmental outcomes and efficiency of two CRISPR/Cas9 microinjection methods in bovine zygotes”
- Aggie Classic Lamb sale huge success thanks to the efforts of undergrads Rebeca Barnett (chair), Kelly Braxton-Simonsen, Savanah Miller, Hannah Van Duzer, Fiona Benjamin & their leader Dana Van Liew: 37 registered buyers, 29 lambs sold for avg of $387; Well DONE!
- Juan Reyes, IGG PhD student with Pablo Ross, won FIRST prize in the Graduate Student Poster Award at the 41st Annual Conference of the International Embryo Transfer Society in Versailles, France (from >70 graduate student posters) for his poster entitled, “Cytoplasmic polyadenylation-regulated gene expression during bovine oocyte maturation”
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Joy Mench key contributor to the highly acclaimed National Academy of Sciences newly released publication “Critical Role of Animal Science Research in Food Security and Sustainability (2015)”
- Frank Mitloehner served on the committee & chaired a subcommittee that produced the National Academies Institute of Medicine (IOM) report, titled “A Framework for Assessing Effects of the Food System”
- Upcoming, Goat Day, check it out!
- Huaijun Zhou, Alison Van Eenennaam, Amy Young, Mary Delany Ying Wang, Tae-Hyun Kim, Perot Saelao, Teng Ma, Huazhen Liu, Haiming Yang, Sung-Jin Lee, Tasha Thompson & Michelle Halstead attended Plant & Animal Genome Conference in San Diego
- Stacy Williams, Emily Shifflett, Maria Montoya, & Johana Martinez of the Dairy Challenge Team went with Russ Hovey to Fresno State
- Huaijun Zhou presented to USAID "Leveraging Genomics Tools to Accelerate Breeding for Climate Resilience" workshop and Systems Genomics Workshop.
- Margaret Buell, James L. Chitwood, and Pablo J. Ross’s paper “cAMP modulation during sheep in vitro oocyte maturation delays progression of meiosis without affecting oocyte parthenogenetic developmental competence” in Animal Reproduction Science (paper was Margaret’s ABG MS thesis)
- Huaijun Zhou was selected to serve as a member of Scientific Steering Committee for recently initiated International functional annotation of animal genome (FAANG) project.