NEWS AND EVENTS
- Cal Aggie Animal Science Alumni Network held event at California Grain & Feed Association meeting: 20 alumni and current students attended as did Dave Gall; Clayton Neumeier & Samantha Werth presented
- ANS Goat Day Jan 19 Freeborn Hall; 8:15AM - 3PM
- Jim Oltjen featured in Wired article “When Corn Costs Soar, Let Cows Eat Cake” www.wired.com/wiredscience/2013/01/let-cows-eat-cake/
- Many, many NSF, USDA grants pushed through to meet the January deadlines.
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Jason Abernathy, Ying Wang, & Dan Gregory in Huaijun Zhou’s group presented at Plant and Animal Genome meeting in San Diego. Jason was awarded travel by UCD Postdoctoral Scholar Association, Ying and Dan were awarded by USDA NIFA travel grants.
- Henrique Tobaro Macedo, visiting student from the vet school in Brazil here working with Jan Roser