NEWS AND EVENTS
- Joy Mench elected a Fellow of the Poultry Science Association! Congratulations!
- Aaron Prinz has a new son, Rhett Prinz. Congratulations!
- Joel Van Eenennaam co-authors of
- “Age and Growth of Atlantic Sturgeon in the New York Bight” in North American Journal of Fisheries Management
- Alyssa Benjamin, John O'Brien, Bernie May, & Amanda (Mandi) Finger author “Conservation Genetics of an Urban Desert Fish: the Arroyo Chub” in Transactions of the American Fisheries Society
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- James Moller, James Oltjen, Jerry Johnson, Alison Van Eenennaam, Richard Zinn, Anita Oberbauer, Roberto Sainz, & Dan Sehnert attended the National Cattlemen's Beef Association (NCBA) meeting in San Diego. Dean Helene Dillard also attended. The Dept/College booth was well-received
- Alison Van Eenennaam invited speaker at NCBA
- ANS Cal Aggie Livestock Judging Team did well in Colorado
- Frank Mitloehner led FAO LEAP+ steering committee in Rome
- Ermias Kebreab gave an invited presentation at the International Production and Processing Expo (Atlanta, GA) on ‘Environmental impact of specialty feed ingredients used in pig and poultry production’
- Joy Mench presented at the International Production and Processing Expo (Atlanta, GA)