NEWS AND EVENTS
- Welcome: Patrick Schiller new ANS Dairy employee
- Dr. Neil Huefner is a new postdoctoral scholar in Dr. Huaijun Zhou’s group
- Aggie Classic LAMB sale 11 am Sunday Jan 6 at Sheep Barn
- Sunday Jan 6 at Cole A “In it to Win It” Goat Showmanship Clinic
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Elizabeth Maga’s transgenic goat work covered on Sacramento NPR
- Serge Doroshov featured in Sac Bee for his work on sturgeon & caviar www.sacbee.com/2012/12/19/5062625/sacramento-area-is-nations-caviar.html
- Huaijun Zhou, Pablo Ross, Juan Medrano, Alison L. Van Eenennaam awarded UC Davis Genome Center pilot grant:“Genome wide identification and annotation of functional regulatory regions in livestock species”
- Ermias Kebreab coauthors “Animal production for efficient phosphate utilization: from optimized feed to high efficiency livestock” in Current Opinions in Biotechnology 23:872-877.
- Huaijun Zhou coauthors “Nuclear Factor kappa B is central to Marek's disease herpesvirus induced neoplastic transformation of CD30 expressing lymphocytes in-vivo”. BMC Syst Biol. 6:123.
- Ermias Kebreab coauthor of “Bayesian simultaneous equation models for the analysis of energy intake and partitioning in growing pigs.” J. Agric. Sci. 150:764-774.
- Frank Mitloehner awarded a large grant from California Energy Commission to investigate dairy digester technology