NEWS AND EVENTS
- Happy 2015! Happy Winter Qtr
- Ed DePeters, Russ Hovey, Huaijun Zhou, & Annie King participated in Fall Commencement
- Welcome Tony Miller to Food Chain Cluster’s Purchasing unit!
- Huaijun Zhou highlighted in Dateline UC Davis for being a Chancellor’s Fellow
- Sharlie Folsom has twin girls & James Moller and Caleb Sehnert both have boys
- Welcome Matthias Hess, new faculty member!
- Saturday, In it to Win it Goat showmanship clinic, Cole Facility
- Sunday, Aggie Classic Lamb sale, Sheep Barn
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- California Beef Council guest article by a prominent dietitian summarizes beef sustainability, including Dr. Frank Mitloehner research conservation practices
- Anne Todgham key presenter to Congressional Delegation that visited McMurdo Station, Antarctica; Congressman Jerry McNerney from the California 9th District noted her presentation at his blog
- Frank Mitloehner speaking at UCD Beef Day
- Upcoming, Goat Day, check it out!
- Melanie LaCava, Katie Fisch, Bernie May & Mandi Finger’s paper “Genetic analysis of the reproductive behavior of delta smelt (Hypomesus transpacificus)” in N Amer. Journal of Aquaculture (paper was Melanie’s undergrad honors thesis in Bernie’s lab)
- Brian Mahardja & Melinda Baerwald coauthors of “Metapopulation structure of a semi-anadromous fish in a dynamic environment” in Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences
- Andrea Schreier with co-PI Melinda Baerwald received grant award from USFWS for "Using fecal DNA survey protocols to optimize traditional exit hole surveys and increase detection rates for Valley Elderberry Longhorn Beetle"
- Huaijun Zhou PI AFRI NIH-NIFA Dual Purpose $1.6 million grant entitled “Development of colonization resistance in chicks”
- Ermias Kebreab received grant for "Enhancing Environmental Sustainability of Dairy Systems in the West"
- Huaijun Zhou & Pablo Ross co-PDs with Genome Coordinators Mary Delany, Juan Medrano, Alison Van Eenennaam on “"Genome Wide Identification and Annotation of Functional Regulatory Regions in Livestock Species" from AFRI as part of the international farm animal ENCODE consortium