NEWS AND EVENTS
- CAES College Celebration Friday Oct 14—Animal Science on Display
- Preview Day, Oct 15
- Gonzalo Rincon presenting workshop on Nutrigenomics, part of the International Masters Program on Animal Nutrition, Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Zaragoza, Spain, Oct 10-11.
- Juan Medrano key note presentation on “New sequencing tools in the analysis of complex traits” at Genetic Improvement Symposium, INIA, Madrid, Spain, Oct 14.
- Alison Van Eenennaam, Joy Mench, Ermias Kebreab presented at ANR’s Sustainable Food Systems Conference
- Joy Mench & Yeun Lee coauthors of Integration: valuing stakeholder input in setting priorities for socially sustainable egg production.” in Sept Poultry Science
- Elizabeth Maga submitted an NIH grant focused on lysozyme-rich milk
- Bernie May submitted grant to University of Washington on sturgeon
- Richard Zinn coauthor of “Effects of forage level in feedlot finishing diets on carcass characteristics and palatability of Jersey beef.” J Anim Sci Sept 2011
- Dong Han, Susie Huang, Wei-Fang Wang, Dong-Fang Deng, & Silas Hung coauthors of “Starvation reduces the heat shock protein responses in white sturgeon larvae” Env Biology of Fishes Online first article