NEWS AND EVENTS
- Save the Date: ANS Holiday Gala DEC 7
- Preview Day Oct 20
- Bob Sainz authors “Modeling feed efficiency” in the text Feed Efficiency in the Beef Industry edited by R. Hill.
- Bob Sainz co-authors “Genetic association between body composition measured by ultrasound and visual scores in Brazilian Nelore cattle.’ In J Anim Sci
- Anita Oberbauer, Steven Berry, Janelle Belanger, Rachel McGoldrick, & Tom Famula co-author “Determining the heritable component of dairy cattle foot lesions” in J Dairy Sci
- Bob Sainz co-author of “Feedlot performance, feed efficiency reranking, carcass traits, body composition, energy require-ments, meat quality and calpain system activity in Nellore steers with low and high residual feed intake” in Livestock Science
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Ermias Kebreab was invited to discuss on ‘Building resilience of C, N and water footprint in the dairy industry’ at the American Societies of Agronomy & Soil Science annual meeting, Cincinnati, OH
- Eight Aggies attended a Livestock Selection Work Shop hosted by the Animal Science Department at Fresno Stateand attended by 11 colleges from CA, AZ, ID, & OR. Jaylene Scott was high individual in beef cattle and third overall in the senior division & the 2013 Aggie Junior Team earned high team beef honors in the junior division.
- Ermias Kebreab has been traveling in So America; he gave invited presentations on ‘Environmental Sustainability of Animal Agriculture’ at the University de la Republica, Montevideo, Uruguay & an invited presentation on ‘Global Change and Sustainable Agriculture – Californian Perspective’ at the Catholic University of Santiago, Santiago, Chile