NEWS AND EVENTS
- ANS Horse Day, Oct 22—huge attendance, grateful guests, fantastic volunteers! Written up by several news papers. Thanks to: Joel Viloria, Dan Sehnert, Farm Crew, Josie Trott, Kathy Holcomb, YCA members, Jan Roser, Val Ozella, Horse Barn staff & students.
- Thanks to Tom Adams, Trish Berger, Joan Chandler, Ed DePeters, Serge Doroshov, Jim Fadel, Annie King, Sarah Warren & Sydney Westbrook for expert assistance at Preview Day
- Alison Van Eenennaam faculty expert speaking at the CA&ES series on the challenges of feeding the planet.
- Pablo Ross’s NIH Grant entitled “Epigenetic control of preimplantation embryo development: role of JMJD3 on histone methylation reprogramming” approved for funding.
- Bernie May & Andrea Drauch submitted grant to Idaho Power Company on sturgeon
- Ed DePeters & Kara Ortega presenting at Calif. Chapter of American Registry of Professional Animal Scientists Continuing Education Symp. held at Coalinga
- UCD Goats make good at Cow Palace: Prospect Champion and Reserve Market Champion
- Kirk Klasing committee member of a National Academy of Sciences committee commissioned by Congress to develop a report on ““Economic and Environ-mental Impacts of Increasing Biofuels Production.” Congress, EPA, USDA, Commerce Dept, the president’s science advisors, & GAO were briefed with several news outlets covering.