NEWS AND EVENTS
- Tomorrow! Alumni BBQ 11 am tomorrow, OCT 6
- Preview Day Oct 20
- Jim Murray quoted in LA Times article “Scientists Fret Over FDA Slowness on Genetically Altered Animals” http://www.latimes.com/health/la-sci-genetically-engineered-milk-20121002,0,173711.story
- ANS cows featured but not in credits of UC Davis parody http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUklhkoCOkk&feature=player_embedded
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Francine Bradley touring California this month for Poultry Health Inspections
- Department playing big role in tonight’s College Celebration: Meats Lab & Horse Barn & Dean Delany
- Josh Hull and Bernie May received a grant from USGS entitled “Use of Autonomic Recording Units to Monitor California Clapper Rail Calling Rates in a Tidal Marsh Ecosystem”
- Andrea Drauch in the May lab received a grant from the FWS entitled “Variance In Family Survival In Hatchery-Reared Kootenai River White Sturgeon”
- Ermias Kebreab received USDA Foreign Agricultural Service Grant to work on “Low Emission Development Strategies”
- Yongjiu Chen & Bernie May co-authored “Genetic character-ization of variation and management implications for the endangered Mohave tui chub” in Cons. Gen
- Andrea Schreier & Bernie May co-author “Hierarchical patterns of population structure in the endangered Fraser River white sturgeon, Acipenser trans-montanus, and implications for conservation” in Can. J. Fish. & Aquat. Sci.
- Mariah Meek & Bernie May co-author “Climate change likely to facilitate the invasion of the non-native hydroid, Cordylophora caspia, in the San Francisco Estuary.” PLoS ONE
- Kathleen Fisch & Bernie May co-author “Evaluating the performance of captive breeding techniques for conservation hatcheries: A case study of the Delta smelt captive breeding program” in J. Hered.