NEWS AND EVENTS
- Huaijun Zhou, David Bunn, & Ermias Kebreab part of UCD team awarded a $6 million grant from the U.S. Agency for International Development as part of Feed the Future, the U.S. government’s global hunger and food security initiative for their “Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Genomics to Improve Poultry”
- Horse Day at Cole A great success on Saturday Oct 26
- Donkey Day at Cole A: well attended on Friday Nov 1
- Joel Van Eenennaam, Serge Doroshov, & Molly Webb co-author “Confirmation of ovarian homogeneity in post-vitellogenic cultured white sturgeon, Acipenser transmontanus” in Fish Physiol Biochem. 2013 Oct 31.
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Joy Mench gave an invited presentation on the Coalition for a Sustainable Egg Supply project at the annual meeting of U.S. Animal Health Association in San Diego
- American Society of Animal Science Hosts "Snack-and-Fact" on Capitol Hill presented by Drs. Clinton Krehbiel and Frank Mitloehner, to discuss the contributions of animal production to global food security.