NEWS AND EVENTS
- Staff Service Recognition Nov 21; please RSVP by today!
- Holiday Gala Dec 6 Please plan to attend
- Little I Nov 23 Cole facility: watch the students show the animals
- ANS Animal Welfare & Health Symposium Dec 4 2-4 pm. See you there!
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Joy Mench gives invited presentation at AVMA animal welfare conference “The Conversation” in Chicago.
- Fred Conte quoted in Monterey Bay Aquarium, Seafood Watch publication on Farmed Atlantic Salmon noting a need for a responsible antibiotic use to treat primary illness in salmon; “It is a matter of animal welfare to treat against pathologies, but not enhance growth or be used in continuous therapeutic programs.”
- Francine Bradley taught a GFHA Training Class in Palm Springs & hosted a week-long Avian Sciences Graduate Group Reunion (the group has met once a year for ~ 30 years)
- Peter Robinson visited farms in central valley
- Cass Tucker in Chile with research collaborators
- Mariah Meek, Molly Stephens, Kat Tomalty, Bernie May, & Melinda Baerwald co-author “Genetic considerations for sourcing steelhead reintroductions: investigating possibilities for the San Joaquin River” in San Francisco Estuary and Watershed Science
- Ermias Kebreab coauthor of two articles in a special topics section of Journal of Animal Science: “Mitigation of methane and nitrous oxide emissions from animal operations: I. A review of enteric methane mitigation options” & “Mitigation of methane and nitrous oxide emissions from animal operations: I. A review of animal management mitigation options”
- Tom Famula coauthor of “Heritability of lenticular myopia in english springer spaniels” in Invest. Ophthalmol Vis Sci