NEWS AND EVENTS
- Little I This Sunday at the Cole Facility. Come by & see our students show livestock
- Holiday Hoedown Dec 4—get your tickets!
- Elizabeth Maga & the transgenic goats were on Channel 13 news “Genetically Modified Salmon Decision Raises Hopes For UC Davis Goat Project” CBS Sacramento
- Mandi Finger along with Andrea Schreier awarded a contract titled: "Estimating effective population size and long term-monitoring of Delta Smelt"
- Maja Makagon co-authored: "Failed landings after laying hen flight in a commercial aviary over two flock cycles" in Poultry Science
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Bob Sainz gave a seminar at the University of Wisconsin - Madison “Feed Efficiency in Beef Cattle – Lessons Learned, Questions Unanswered”
- Casey Dykier presented at the ANR Program Team Meetings in Reno on “Drought-tolerant cattle”
- Brian Greco (PhD student in Joy Mench’s lab) and Cassandra Tucker served as judges at the national Animal Welfare Judging Competition, hosted by The Ohio State
- Attendees at the California Cattlemen’s Association include Alison Van Eenennaam, Bob Sainz, Jim Oltjen, Jerry Johnson, & Dan Sehnert. A full report of attendees will be in the next newsletter
- Richard Blatchford gave a talk on backyard poultry production to the El Dorado county Master Gardeners in Placerville, CA