NEWS AND EVENTS
- Little I Nov 23 Cole facility: watch the students show the animals
- Holiday Gala Dec 6 Please plan to attend
- ANS Animal Welfare & Health Symposium Dec 4 2-4 pm. See you there!
- New College Brochure features Jim Murray & Goat on cover
- Ermias Kebreab’s grant submission to the Joint Programming Initiative Agriculture, Food Security and Climate Change (European Union) entitled “‘Global network for the development and maintenance of nutrition-related strategies for mitigation of methane and nitrous oxide emissions from ruminant livestock“ was ranked #1 and recommended for funding
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Ermias Kebreab gave two talks at the Universidad Autonoma de San Luis Potosi, Mexico on environmental sustainability
- Pablo Ross invited speaker at VIII Latin American and the Caribbean Biotechnology Meeting in Mar del Plata, Argentina: “Epigenetic reprogramming during early embryo development”
- Abbas Ahmadi, at the invitation of US State Department, is in Uruguay to train the staff and faculty members of the new Technological University of Uruguay (ITEC) on the creating, deploying, and managing eLearning Systems and On-line courses.
- Jim Oltjen, Alison Van Eenennaam, Cass Tucker Rachel Teoff- Rosenstein, Bryan Welly, James Moller, & Dan Sehnert attended California Cattleman’s Association National Convention in Reno; Cass, Brian, & Rachel gave presentations; Alison hosted a beef school.
- YB Lee hosted Korean visitors as part of the Korean Beef Check Off tour
- Richard Blatchford presented a talk on Animal Welfare at the California Poultry Federation Quality Assurance Seminar in Modesto
- Cass Tuckergave an update about beef cattle welfare research at the CCA cattle health and welfare committee meeting in Reno, NV & presented two talks at the Chilean Society of Buiatrics as their invited speaker.