NEWS AND EVENTS
- Little I livestock show TOMORROW at Cole A (8 am)
- HOLIDAY GALA tickets. Get them TODAY!
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Dana van Liew participated in 3 UCD Gold Star College Recruitment Programs: Cabrillo Community College, Monterey Peninsula College and Carmel High School
- Frank Mitloehner presented the UCD ANS program at the Board of Directors meeting of the American Feed Industry Assoc (AFIA).
- Beth Robb awarded the Stephen J. O'Brien Award for the best student paper published in the Journal of Heredity for the paper Robb, E.A., C.L. Gitter, H. Cheng and M.E. Delany. 2011. Single nucleotide polymorphism analysis of chicken genetic resources: Variation within and among MHC-congenic lines and mapping of developmental mutations. J. Heredity 102:141-156. (cover art)
- Cass Tucker coauthors “Validation of an automated method to count steps while cows stand on a weighing platform and its application as a measure to detect lameness” in J Dairy Sci
- Kim Stackhouse, Jim Oltjen & Frank Mitloehner coauthor “Growth promoting technologies reduce the carbon footprint, ammonia emissions, and costs of California beef production systems” in J Anim Sci
- Kim Stackhouse, Jim Oltjen & Frank Mitloehner coauthor “Carbon footprint and ammonia emissions of California beef production systems” in J Anim Sci