NEWS AND EVENTS
- Little I Livestock Show, Nov 12—plan for it. Cole Facility
- Welcome Walker Eric Thompson, born 10/29: congratulations Eric and Jasmine!
- Jesse Avitia joins the Food Chain Contracts & Grants Team. He comes from the Arts Group Admin cluster in L&S. Stop by to welcome him.
- Florin High School (~60 students) toured Swine, Feedlot, & Horse facilities. Thanks to Kent Parker, Jerry Johnson, James Moller, & Joel Viloria for hosting.
- Merced College animal science students toured ANS Sheep & Goat Facilities. Thanks to Dana Van Liew & Jan Carlson for hosting.
- Sierra Academic Academy students (with their instructor Matt Sween, ANS UCD alum) toured horse facility. Thanks Joel!
- California Beef Council Board of Directors toured ANS facilities.
- Scientists from So. Korea Ag Experiment Station visited ANS facilities. Thanks to Joel & YB for hosting.
- Tom O’Hare & Mary Delany coauthors of “A comparative physical map reveals the pattern of chromosomal evolution between the turkey (Meleagris gallopavo) and chicken (Gallus gallus) genomes.” BMC Genomics, Sep 2011
- Jack Henderson, Barry Wilson, & Ed DePeters along with past ANS undergrads coauthors of “Pyridostigmine bromide protection against acetyl-cholinesterase inhibition by pesticides” in J Biochem Mol Toxicol. 2011 Oct 3.
- Gerri Meyers-Brown, Jan Roser, Lisa Bidstrup, & Tom Famula coauthors of “Treat-ment with recombinant equine follicle stimulating hormone (reFSH) followed by recombinant equine lutein-izing hormone (reLH) increases embryo recovery in superovulated mares.” Anim Reprod Sci. 2011 Sep