NEWS AND EVENTS
- Donkey Welfare Symposium going on at Cole this weekend
- Joel Van Eenennaam co-author on “Spatial and Temporal Distribution of Spawning Events and Habitat Characteristics of Sacramento River Green Sturgeon”, in Transactions of the American Fisheries Society
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Russ Hovey spoke at UC Santa Cruz, "Why estrogen may not be the developing mammary gland's holy grail after all"
- Andrea Schreier and Joel Van Eenennaam both organized & led workshops at the North American Sturgeon and Paddlefish Society Conference in Oshkosh, WI., titled: “Using Genetics to Improve Sturgeon and Paddlefish Management and Conservation”, and “Techniques to Determine Sex and Stage of Maturity in Sturgeon and Paddlefish”, respectively. Andrea also presented: The skinny on spontaneous autoploidy in sturgeon conservation aquaculture.
- Ermias Kebreab co-chair of the 30th ADSA Discover Conference℠ on Food Animal Agriculture in Illinois. Frank Mitloehner spoke on “Carbon footprint of dairy (greenhouse gas emissions and air quality)”; Ermias spoke on “Quantification of energy utilization in dairy cattle”; Alison Van Eenennaam spoke on “GMO/Biotechnology use for sustainability of the dairy industry”