NEWS AND EVENTS
- Fox40 News interviewed Huaijun Zhou & David Bunn at Animal Science’s Hopkins Avian Facility regarding to their new USAID grant “ Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Genomics to Improve Poultry”; it is set to air tonight ~5 or 6 pm. Be sure to tune in!
- Holiday Gala Dec 6 Please plan to attend
- Little I Nov 23 Cole facility: watch the students show the animals
- Ed DePeters & Cass Tucker grace the cover of the CA&ES Fall Outlook magazine http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/0dac2227#/0dac2227/1
- Emeritus CE Specialist Don Bath passed away October 26th; services Nov 10 in St Helena
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Jim Oltjen attending National Institute for Animal Agriculture conference in Kansas City
- Frank Mitloehner presented 'Is the rising demand for animal protein fueling climate change?' at the American Nutrition Forum in San Antonio, TX.
- Department of Animal Science hosts School of Vet Med’s Donkey Welfare Symposium; thank you Jan Roser for helping make the connection
- Check out Endless Opportunities at Animal Science facilities video on CAES webpage: www.caes.ucdavis.edu/news/articles/2013/10/animal-science-video
- Alison Van Eenennaam authors “GMOs in animal agriculture: time to consider both costs and benefits in regulatory evaluations ” in Journal of Animal Science & Biotechnology