NEWS AND EVENTS
- Order Smoked Turkeys at the Meat Lab—very popular so order soon
- Maurice Pitesky & Lindsay Hulbert alums of Frank Mitloehner’s lab accepted faculty positions. Maurice is now an Asst Specialist in Cooperative Extension for Poultry Health & Food Safety Epidemiology in the UCD SVM & Lindsay is an Assist Professor in Behavior position at Kansas State University.
- Foodchain grants and admin team will be minimally staffed during last two weeks of Dec, please plan accordingly!
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Francine Bradley held 7 Poultry Health Inspector Refresher courses throughout Calif.
- Francine Bradley hosted Avian Bowls as well as the annual Avian Science Grad Group Reunion continuously offered since 1980.
- Alison Van Eenennaam interviewed by ABC Rural Radio on GM labeling www.abc.net.au/rural/news/content/201211/s3628495.htm
- Meat Lab has been invited to participate in the RMI event From the Soil to the Table on Saturday www.rmi.ucdavis.edu/from-the-soil-to-the-table
- Eddy Kao, Rosalina Villalon, Salustiano Ribeiro, & Trish Berger author: “Role for endogenous estrogen in prepubertal Sertoli cell maturation” in Anim Repro Sci
- Kirk Klasing coauthor of “House finches (Carpodacus mexicanus) balance investment in behavioural and immunological defences against pathogens” in Biol Lett
- Susie Huang, Anders Strathe, Jim Fadel & Silas Hung coauthor “The interactive effects of selenomethionine and methylmercury on their absorption, disposition, and elimination in juvenile white sturgeon” in Aquat Toxicol.
- Kirk Klasing coauthors “Variation with Land Use of Immune Function and Prevalence of Avian Pox in Galapagos Finches.” in Conserv Biol