NEWS AND EVENTS
- Winter Graduation Tomorrow!
- Frank Mitloehner quoted in “Greenhouse gas: Another reason to connect with consumers” in Dairy Herd Management
- Russ Hovey, Alma Islas-Trejo & Juan Medrano coauthors of “Sequencing the transcriptome of milk production: milk trumps mammary tissue” in BMC Genomics
- Josie Trott & Russ Hovey coauthor “Variation in the coding and 3' untranslated regions of the porcine prolactin receptor short form modifies protein expression and function” in Animal Genetics
- Charmaine Robinson, Jason Abernathy, Huaijun Zhou & Mary Delany coauthor “ Mapping genes to chicken microchromosome 16 and discovery of olfactory and scavenger receptor genes near the major histocompatibility complex” in Journal of Heredity doi:10.1093/jhered/est091
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Grace Berryhill presents poster at, and receives travel award to attend, the American Institute of Cancer Research meeting in Bethesda MD
- Deanne Meyer attended FDA Food Safety Modernization Act presentation/public comment forum in Sacramento
- Francine Bradley was in Louisville for the 4-H National Poultry and Egg Conference. She judged the National Avian Bowl & helped set up the Production Hens component of the Judging contest.
- Frank Mitloehner opening session speaker at the VitaPlus Dairy Summit (~400-500 dairymen in attendance)