NEWS AND EVENTS
- Welcome: Emma Martinez new ANS Advising Associate email@example.com
- Please review the Food Chain cluster staffing over the last two weeks of December & early January!
- Frank Mitloehner was on the PCAST committee whose report “Agricultural Preparedness & the Agriculture Research Enterprise” was submitted to President Obama www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/microsites/ostp/pcast_agriculture_20121207.pdf
- Dec graduation ceremonies: thanks to Ed DePeters & Russ Hovey for attending
- Sara Place, ABG grad from Frank Mitloehner’s lab accepted an Asst Professor in Sustainable Beef Cattle Systems in the Dept Animal Science at Oklahoma State University
- Catherine Kemp & Dietmar Kültz author “Controlling Proteome Degradation in Daphnia pulex” in J Exp Zool A Ecol Genet Physiol.
- Elizabeth Maga & Jim Murray coauthor “Dissecting the role of milk components on gut microbiota composition” in Gut Microbes and “31 in vitro survival and pregnancy outcome of zona-free transgenic goat cloned embryos after oviductal transfer to female recipients on day 1 of development” and “284 characterization of goat mesenchymal stem cells derived from bone marrow and adipose tissue” both in Reprod Fertil Dev
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Alison Van Eenennaam’s work highlighted in Drovers Cattle Network in “Importance of genetic management in multi sire pastures” www.cattlenetwork.com/cattle-resources/dna-profiling/Importance-of-genetic-management-in-multi-sire-pastures-176269371.html
- Frank Mitloehner spoke to the Dairy Business Association in Madison, WI on greenhouse gases www.wisfarmer.com/news/farmers-should-know-how-industry-is-perceived-----jcpg-306086-183369901.html
- Alison Van Eenennaam & Jim Murray quoted in Slate article on Aquabounty www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2012/12/genetically_modified_salmon_aquadvantage_fda_assessment_is_delayed_possibly.html
- News article on ANS feed mill in California Feed and Grain Assoc newsletter and in Western Farm Press