NEWS AND EVENTS
- Order your standing rib roast from the Meat Lab
- Pick up your pre-ordered ANS Sweatshirt —see Estefany Villaseñor
- Front office and Business offices closing at NOON 12/23
- Front and Business offices open 12/28-12/29
- Six undergrads participated in Fall Commencement
- Goat Day Jan 21, 2012
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Frank Mitloehner traveling through Europe and serving on the UN FAO steering committee related to livestock and environmental quality
- Dan Sehnert toured Research Scientists from Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada\Agriculture et Agroalimentaire Canada around the ANS animal facilities.
- Pablo Ross in Argentina meeting research colleagues
- Geri Meyers-Brown, Lisa Bidstrup, Tom Famula, & Jan Roser author “Treatment with recombinant equine follicle stimulating hormone (reFSH) followed by recombinant equine luteinizing hormone (reLH) increases embryo recovery in superovulated mares.” Anim Reprod Sci. 128:52-9
- Susie Huang, Anders Strathe, Silas Hung & Jim Fadel coauthor “ Selenocompounds in juvenile white sturgeon: Estimating absorption, disposition, and elimination of selenium using Bayesian hierarchical modeling” in Aquatic Toxicol Nov 2011
- Physiological and productive responses of multiparous lactating Holstein cows exposed to short-term cooling during severe summer conditions in an arid region of Mexico.
- Peter Robinson & Jim Fadel coauthor “Physiological and productive responses of multiparous lactating Holstein cows exposed to short-term cooling during severe summer conditions in an arid region of Mexico.” Int J Biometeorol. Nov 2011
- Roberta Franco received competitive PhD fellowship offered by Brazilian Government