NEWS AND EVENTS
- Little I livestock show, tomorrow, Cole Facility. Students showing beef and dairy cattle, swine, sheep, horses, and goats. BBQ lunch & silent auction. Come by and support our students & YCA!
- The UC Davis Department of Animal Sciences Goat herd (flock ID: CAUCD) to Export Certified Status thanks to the efforts of Jan Carlson & Joannie Rowe.
- Holiday Hoedown Countdown!
- Alison Van Eenennaam rocks in Intelligence Squared Debate (IQ2) on the question of genetically modified food
- Angela Cánovas, Anita Oberbauer, & Juan Medrano co-author of “Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) Variation of Wolves (Canis lupus) in Southeast Alaska and Comparison with Wolves, Dogs, and Coyotes in North America” in J Heredity
- Ermias Kebreab co-author of "Effect size estimates for phytase supplementation on phosphorus retention in broilers and layers: a meta-analysis" in Can J Anim Sci
- Andrea Schreier (PI), Anne Todgham, Fred Conte & Molly Webb awarded a Western Regional Aquaculture Center grant entitled “Determining causes, costs, and benefits of triploidization to improve sturgeon caviar production”
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Dean Dillard filmed a spot for the Annual Fund at the horse barn
- Meat Lab provided flat iron steak & bacon for the CA Aggie Alumni sponsored One CA Dinner held at One Market Restaurant in San Francisco Wed. Dec 3rd.
- Jim Murray was at the 12th International Society for Transgenic Technology meeting in Edinburgh, Scotland this past quarter & presented “Transgenic Animal for Agriculture: Where in the world are we now”