NEWS AND EVENTS
- HOLIDAY GALA Dec 16! Join in the festivities—fabulous food, prizes, & fun; RSVP!
- Order your standing rib roast from the Meat Lab
- ANS Sweatshirts are in; thanks to Estefany Villaseñor for coordinating!
- Watch for emails on office holiday closures
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Alison Van Eenennaam interviewed for NPR’s Science Friday regarding genetically modified salmon: 12/9 noon PST
- Frank Mitloehner spoke at the Iowa Farm Bureau Federation
- Alison Van Eenennaam key speaker on Beef Industry Tour in Oregon
- Frank Mitloehner spoke to the UCD campus safety and health all-staff meeting on “Clearing the Air about Livestock’s Contributions to Climate Change and Air Pollution”
- Ermias Kebreab met with the Embrapa chiefs in Brasilia, Brazil
- Bernie May & former ANS students & visiting Thai scholar, Srijanya Sukmanomon coauthor “Genetic changes, intra- and inter-specific introgression in farmed Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) in Thailand” in Aquaculture
- Ermias Kebreab presented at Universidad Catolica de Temuco (Chile)
- Gonzalo Rincon, Alma Islas-Trejo & Juan Medrano coauthor “Polymorphisms in genes in the SCD/SREBP1 signaling pathway are associated with milk fatty acid composition in Holstein cattle.” J. Dairy Research. Nov 25:1-10
- Ermias Kebreab & Frank Mitloehner submitted a National Pork Board grant
- Gonzalvo Rincon, Kristina Weber, Alison Van Eenennaam, & Juan Medrano coauthor “Performance of bovine high density genotyping platforms in Holsteins and Jerseys.” J. Dairy Science 94:6116.
- Elizabeth Robb awarded Neal A. Jorgenson Genome Travel Award to attend PAG