NEWS AND EVENTS
- Aggie Classic Pig Sale: 27 pigs sold to 19 buyers! Thanks to Kent Parker for producing such superb piggies, to Estefany Villaseñor, Mark Rubio, Jose Villaseñor, Frank Sauers, Dan Sehnert, Jackie Parker, Heather Parker, & students for making the day a huge success.
- Ermias Kebreab appointed to UC ANR Sustainable Food Systems Initiative Panel
- Deanne Meyers appointed to EPA Science Advisory Board: Animal Feeding Operations Emission Review Panel
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Josh Hull presenting at Conservation of Extremely Small Populations Symposium held at UCD
- Francine Bradley attended International Poultry Exposition in Atlanta, met with clients & WPSA officers from Netherlands & Brasil, & traveled to Eureka to judge poultry show & meet with poultry health inspectors
- Lisa Lit presented talk to search & rescue dog handlers, Reno
- Fred Conte quoted in Nov Meat & Poultry
- Ed DePeters & Scott Taylor author “’Milking’ Cows & Polar Bears” in Feb 2012 Western Dairy Business
- Dan Drake co-PI on Russell L. Rustici Rangeland & Cattle Research award.
- Pablo Ross author of “Jumonji domain-containing protein 3 regulates histone 3 lysine 27 methylation during bovine preimplantation development” in PNAS Jan 2012
- Saumya Wickramasinghe, Gonzalo Rincon, Alma Islas-Trejo & Juan Medrano author “Transcriptional profiling of bovine milk using RNA sequencing” in BMC Genomics 2012
- Dr Ranga Appuhamy joined Ermias Kebreab’s lab as a post-doc working on integrated modeling of methane emissions from dairy farms
- Pablo Ross co-author “RAD51 Plays a Crucial Role in Halting Cell Death Program Induced by Ionizing Radiation in Bovine Oocytes” in Biol Repro Dec 2011
- Saumya Wickramasinghe & Juan Medrano coauthors of “Glycosyl-ation of Human Milk Lactoferrin exhibits dynamic changes during early lactation enhancing its role in pathogenic bacteria-host interactions” in Mol Cell Proteomics Jan, 2012