NEWS AND EVENTS
- New CAES development officer for ANS: Martha Ozonoff. Thanks to Jan Carlson, Doug Gisi, Caleb Sehnert, Kristy Smith, Joel Viloria, & Dan Sehnert for showcasing some of ANS facilities to her.
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Annie King, core faculty of the California Agriculture Leadership Program, traveling with Class 41 to Russia, Poland, Ukraine and the Czech Republic
- Mariah Meek, post-doc in Bernie May’s lab, chaired the “Conservation of Extremely Small Populations” symposium held at UCD & attended by > 175 faculty, students, outside guests animalscience.ucdavis.edu/SaveSmallPops
- Ernie Chang coauthor of “Rheb, an activator of target of rapamycin, in the blackback land crab, Gecarcinus lateralis: cloning and effects of molting and unweighting on expression in skeletal muscle.” in J Exp Biol Feb 2012.
- Beth Robb & Mary Delany author “The expression of preaxial polydactyly is influenced by modifying genetic elements and is not maintained by chromosomal inversion in an avian biomedical model.” in Cytogenet Genome Res Jan 2012
- John Eadie coauthor of “The relative role of relatives in conspecific brood parasitism” in Mol Ecol Dec 2011.
- Richard Zinn coauthor of “Comparative effects of processing methods on the feeding value of maize in feedlot cattle.” Nutr Res Rev Dec 2011.