NEWS AND EVENTS
- Cass Tucker promoted to Full Professor: Congratulations!
- Omar Ali, Sean O’Rourke, Mariah Meek, and Michael R. Miller author "RAD Capture (Rapture): Flexible and Efficient Sequence-Based Genotyping" in Genetics. This is Omar’s first paper!
- Silas Hung and a visiting scientist Jae Won Kim co-authors on “Reproductive impairment and intersexuality in Gomphina veneriformis (bivalve: veneridae) by the tributyltin” in Animal Cells and Systems
- Bernie May and former graduate student Greg Tranah are co-authors on “Introgressive Hybridization and the Evolution of Lake-adapted Catostomid Fishes” in PLOS ONE
- Jim Murray published “Opposition to genetically modified animals could leave millions hungry” in The Conversation
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Alison Van Eenennaam spoke at the World Ag Expo Farm To Table Talk
- Francine Bradley judged both Poultry Showmanship and Avian Bowl at the Humboldt Poultry Fanciers' Association Show and she taught a Poultry Health Inspector Refresher Course in Ferndale
- Frank Mitloehner served as Working group leader in the “CARB/CDFA/UC Davis Workshop to Leverage Research to Inform California Climate Change 2030 Scoping Plan Agriculture and Working Lands”, Presented a silage management talk at the World Ag Expo in Tulare, and finalized an official review of a Federal Government Report issued by the Climate Change Program in the Office of the Chief Economist, titled “Climate Change, Food Security, and the US Food System”
- Ermias Kebreab presented at Workshop to Leverage Research to Inform California Climate Change 2030 Scoping Plan Agriculture and Working Lands
- Clayton Neumeier, Peng Ji, Frank Mitloehner, Deanne Meyer attended World Ag Expo in Tulare
- Alison Van Eenennaam presented “Genome selection: Basics and experience in animal systems” at the UC Davis Seed Biotechnology Center Breeding with Genomics Class, “Genomics and Bull Selection” at the UCCE Winter Livestock Meetings, Siskiyou Cattlemen’s Association Pie Night, and at Willows, Tehama UCCE meeting
- James Murray and Pablo Ross presented at the Brainstorming workshop on Transgenic Livestock: Technologies and Applications in Bangalore India. Pablo’s talk was on the “Role of embryonic stem cells in livestock engineering”