NEWS AND EVENTS
- California Association of Meat Processors at Cole Fri – Sunday
- West Coast Reining Horse Association Judges Seminar at Horse Barn 2/23
- Colten Moller born to Starlin & James Moller—Congrats to the proud parents
- Scarlett Harrington-Rubio born to Allie Harrington & Mark Rubio—More congratulations to proud parents!
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Jan Carlson, Director from Davis, California, will represent the American Goat Federation in her role as director at the Northwest Oregon Dairy Goat Association Goat Education Conference on Feb23.
- Dairy & Horse barns contributing to UC Davis Compost Operations Training—thanks Farm crew for delivery
- Jim Murray was in Washington D.C. to serve on a panel discussing “Ag Biotech and the Environment: Perspectives on the Next Ten Years” organized by the policy think tank Resources for the Future www.rff.org/Events/Pages/Agricultural-Biotechnology-and-the-Environment.aspx
- Ermias Kebreab & Jim Fadel received funding from Duke University for “Agricultural Greenhouse Gas Mitigation Opportunities for California”
- Anita Oberbauer coauthors “Neutering dogs: effects on joint disorders and cancers in golden retrievers” PlosOne Feb 2013
- Russ Hovey coauthors “Effect of time of cutting and maceration on nutrient flow, microbial protein synthesis, and digestibility in dual-flow continuous culture” J Anim Sci Feb 2013
- Erin Mintline & Cass Tucker lead authors on “Play behavior as an indicator of animal welfare: Disbudding in dairy calves” App Anim Behav Sci Jan 2013