NEWS AND EVENTS
- Francine Bradley honored with the Pacific Egg and Poultry Association's Industry Person of the Year Award. A super award. Congratulations!
- Sydney Baker (graduate student in Maja Makagon's lab) received the Pacific Egg and Poultry Association Student Merit Award. Well done!
- Susana Jimenez, a 2014 ANS alum, passed away due to complications from cancer
- Welcome Kathryn Raley to the Animal Science Department as the new Event Coordinator!
- Maja Makagon co-author on "The ability of White Leghorn hens with trimmed comb and wattles to thermoregulate" AND "Perch use by laying hens in a commercial aviary", both in Poultry Science
- Russ Hovey co-authors "The effect of atorvastatin on breast cancer biomarkers in high-risk women" in Cancer Prevention Research
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Jim Oltjen, Ermias Kebreab, Mutian Niu, & Holland Dougherty attended a “Greenhouse Gas in Animal Ag” conference in Melbourne, Australia; Ermias gave an invited presentation on “Advances in rumen specific models of methane emissions”
- Frank Mitloehner presented at the Oregon Dairy Convention
- Francine Bradley, Maja Makagon and Sydney Baker attended the 92nd Annual Convention of the Pacific Egg and Poultry Association in Santa Barbara
- Sydney Baker received the Western Poultry Scholarship and Research Foundation Graduate Student Poster Presentation Award for her research presentation entitled "Behavioral Correlates of Keel Bone Damage in Laying Hens in Enriched Colony Systems"
- Alison Van Eenennaam spoke on “Genomics and Bull Selection” at the Southern San Joaquin UCCE Livestock Symposium, in Bakersfield and Exeter; and on “Prevalence, use and perception of genetically engineered crops for food in the United States”, at the Cultiv8 conference in Carmel