NEWS AND EVENTS
- Put it on your calendar: Ag Science Field Day, March 6 & 7
- Jennie Hughes, grad student with Trish Berger, received an American Society of Andrology Travel Award
- Alison Van Eenennaam featured in BBC New & Science Environment article
- Huaijun Zhou lead on Functional Annotation of Animal Genomes grant featured on UCD Egghead blog
- JAM Abstract submission deadline Tuesday March 3
- For the SEVENTH consecutive year, UCD won the top collegiate entry in the California Assoc of Meat Processors annual conference, again won the Eggen Cup (still undefeated!), Meat Lab won awards with all entries submitted in the open division: Champion (2 entries) & Grand Champion (1 entry)! Well done team Meat Lab!
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Joel Van Eenennaam presented at the Aquaculture America 2015 Conference in New Orleans, on the increase in white sturgeon caviar yield using a low fat finishing diet.
- Juan Reyes, James Chitwood, & Pablo Ross authors of “RNA-Seq profiling of single bovine oocyte transcript abundance and its modulation by cytoplasmic polyadenylation” in Molecular Reproduction & Development
- Anne Todgham co-author of “Testing local and global stressor impacts on a coastal foundation species using an ecologically realistic framework” in Global Change Biology
- Alma Islas, Gonzalo Rincon & Juan Medrano coauthors of “RNA sequencing to study gene expression and SNP variations associated with growth in zebrafish fed a plant protein-based diet” in Marine Biotechnology