NEWS AND EVENTS
- Mary Horton receives the Aggie Service Award from the Cal Aggie Alumni Association. Congratulations!
- Congratulations to Frank Mitloehner honored with the Texas Tech University's "Distinguished Alumni Award"
- Congratulations to Kathryn Jackson; she received a UC Davis Study Abroad Academic Advisor Award for recognition for her exceptional efforts to support study abroad
- Richard Blatchford interviewed on the Pasture Poultry Talk podcast (by the American Pastured Poultry Producers Association) on challenges facing pastured poultry production
- Aggie Classic Prospect Pig Sale Tomorrow Cole A 11 am
- Dietmar Kültz, Jonathan Li, Xuezhen Zhang, Fernando Villarreal, Tuan Pham, & Darlene Paguio author “Population-specific plasma proteomes of marine and freshwater three-spined sticklebacks (Gasterosteus aculeatus)” in Proteomics
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Francine Bradley established a new Branch for the World's Poultry Science Association (WPSA) in Bolivia; at the International Production & Processing Expo in Atlanta she met with WPS Journal advertisers, WPSA Travel Grant recipients, & staffed the WPSA Booth in the exhibition hall
- Frank Mitloehner gave a talk to the Davis chapter of the Rotarians and another to the Cal-ASA (American Society of Agronomy) in Visalia
- Alyssa Benjamin received a Western Division American Fisheries Society travel grant for young professionals to present her research completed as undergraduate volunteer that led to a publication
- Richard Blatchford gave a talk on Commercial Poultry Welfare to the UC Davis Behavior Medicine and Animal Welfare Club at the Vet School