NEWS AND EVENTS
- Estefany Villaseñor moving “up” in the world to 5th floor Mrak—we are grateful for all she has done in ANS, we will miss her & wish her all the best!
- Alison Van Eenennaam quoted in Nature news feature focused on biotechnology
- Brittany (Bjelde) Davis was recently awarded a prestigious two-year Delta Science Fellowship from California Sea Grant to fund her research proposal titled “California Drought and Delta Fishes: Impacts of multiple stressors on the physiological performance and predator/prey dynamics in native and non-native fishes.”
- Peng Ji co-author of “Peripheral Viral Infection Induced Microglial Sensome Genes and Enhanced Microglial Cell Activity in the Hippocampus of Neonatal Piglets “ in Brain Behav. Immun.
- Peng Ji co-author of “Effect of on-farm feeding practices on rumen protected lysine products” in J. Dairy Sci.
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- AG SCIENCE FIELD DAY THANK YOU to Farm Crew for setting up, Dana Van Liew, Kristy Smith, Caitlyn Green, Jackie Pisenti, Joel Viloria, James Moller, Aaron Prinz, Rachel Conway, Jerry Johnson, Sandra Weisker, Doug Gisi, Maria Patino, & Caleb Sehnert, Romeo Capell, Brandon Nguyen, Abbas Ahmadi, Jan Roser, Dan Sehnert, YB Lee, Amy Young, Sean O’Rourke, & all the student interns & residents who came out for the day! Nearly 3000 ag students were on campus!
- Pablo Ross, Ed DePeters, Peter Robinson, & Deanne Meyer presented at the ANR 2016 Golden State Dairy Management Conference
- Alison Van Eenennaam presented “Potential impacts of mandatory labeling for GMO foods in the United States” and “Communicating Science in a Networked World” at the American Feed Industry Association (AFIA) in New Orleans, AND “Animal Biotechnology and the Livestock Revolution” at Cornell University Plant Breeding Symposium