NEWS AND EVENTS
- Janelle Kohl joins FoodChain contracts & grants team as an account manager. Welcome!
- Jennifer Heguy & Deanne Meyer coauthors of “A survey of silage management practices on California dairies” in J Dairy Sci
- Andrea Schreier awarded a grant by the Idaho Power Corporation to estimate spawner number and examine genetic diversity conservation in a repatriation program for Snake River white sturgeon
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Richard Blatchford gave a talk on backyard poultry behavior at a Backyard Poultry Workshop sponsored by the California Poultry Federation and UCANR in Oakland
- Angela Thresher coordinated an army animal husbandry training program for 50 US army soldiers; thanks to James Moller, Rachel Conway, Dana Van Liew, Casey Dykier, Sheyenne Augenstein, Carrie Fales, Emily Bingham, Kelly McEwen, Kelly Braxton-Semonsen, & Noe Gomez for providing basics in cattle, sheep, & goat husbandry and nutrition
- Frank Mitloehner is in China undertaking a research trial at NWAFU. Northwest A&F University (NWAFU) is located in Yangling Agricultural Hi-tech Industries Demonstration Zone, Shaanxi Province, P.R.China.