NEWS AND EVENTS
- ANS Meat Lab won Grand Champion for the 4th consecutive year at the 2012 California Association of Meat Processors (CAMP)Annual Convention and Processed Meat Competition held at CSU-Chico Feb 24–26.
- Ag Science Field Day 3/2-3/3: Dairy, Horse, Livestock, Meats, Poultry, Specialty Animals, Computer Apps
- Ground broken on the ANS Cole Facility-Arboretum Gateways Project!
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- FARMS (http://landbasedlearning.org/farms.php) visiting ANS facilities Mar 1: Horse, Dairy, Avian. Thanks to Joel Viloria, Ed DePeters, Sharlie Cunningham, Kristy Smith, & Dan Sehnert for hosting
- ANS bred goat earns Champion Market at Red Wave Classic (2/11) & Reserve Champion Market at Western Bonanza (2/19)
- Follow Annie King’s Ag Leadership in Eastern Europe trip at http://calfclass41.blogspot.com/
- Caleb Sehnert voted in for 3 year term on CAMP Board of Directors
- Pablo Ross receives NIH grant entitled: "Epigenetic Control of Preimplantation Embryo Development: Role of JMJD3 on Histone Methylation Reprogram-ming"
- Trish Berger & Jan Roser coauthors of “Stimulation of Sertoli Cell Proliferation: Defining the Response Interval to an Inhibitor of Estrogen Synthesis in the Boar ” in Reproduction Feb 2012
- Christoph Winckler, Professor, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Austria, hosted by Cass Tucker for a few months.