NEWS AND EVENTS
- Thanks for making Decision Day a success: Ed DePeters, Trish Berger, Cassandra Burghardt, Tom Famula, Alejandra Figueroa, Russ Hovey, Mike Miller, Emma Martinez, Anita Oberbauer, Kayla Sample, Cary Trexler, Sydney Westbrook, Joel Viloria & the undergraduate students from the Horse Barn for the foals on display, Jan Carlson for the goats, Jackie Pisenti & Kristy Smith for the quail.
- Congratulations to Megan Mayo, Ecology PhD student mentored by Josh Hull received an NSF Fellowship AND an NSF CAMEOS GK-12 Education Fellowship.
- Winners in the Interdisciplinary Graduate & Professional Symposium: People’s Choice for Best Oral Presentation, First Place: Jennifer M. Chen, Animal Biology, Finalists: Rachel Kurzbard, Animal Science, Ashley R. Rowson, Animal Biology, Kristina Weber, Animal Biology, People’s Choice for Best Poster, Honorable Mention: Clayton Neumeier, Animal Biology http://gradstudies.ucdavis.edu/about/igps.html
- Ermias Kebreab, Estefany Villaseñor, Monica VanKlompenberg & Kristina Patterson participated in the Stride for Aggie Pride 5K Run, April 7th
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Thanks to all who attended and planted at the Cole Gateways Planting day: Kelly Wade, Trish Price, Huaijun Zhou and son, Janelle Belanger, Lisa Nash Holmes, Tom & Michelle Famula, Caleb Sehnert, Meat lab students, Joel & Lauren Viloria & kids, Horse barn students, Ed DePeters, Annie King, James Moller, & Dan Sehnert from ANS. From CAES, Martha Ozonoff. From Arboretum, Ryan Deering & his wife & kids, Emily Griswold, Carmia Feldman & Katie Hetrick with Skip Mezger from Grounds.
- Joy Mench appointed to PLOS ONE Animal Ethics Advisory Group; the group advises on editorial policy related to the use of animals and also participate in review of manuscripts where ethical concerns are raised about animal use in presented experiments
- Lisa Lit, Janelle Belanger & Anita Oberbauer coauthors of “Dopamine transporter single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in Belgian Malinois dogs” in Animal Genetics