NEWS AND EVENTS
- Cindee Robles, front office student assistant extraordinaire, has taken a position in another department. We will miss her.
- Luis Moraes, PhD student in Fadel & Kebreab labs, awarded a prestigious fellowship from Wageningen University in the Netherlands to collaborate with their Animal Science group.
- Dr. Kim Stackhouse-Lawson, PhD from Animal Biology in Mitloehner lab, named National Cattlemen's Beef Association’s Director of Beef Sustainability Research
- Nancy Pham, Animal Science & Management alum earns NSF fellowship for Summer Marine Biology studies in China
- Juan Medrano co-PI and collaborator in three UC Davis-RISE proposals: Center for Phenotyping Health; Improving Food Quality, Safety and Sustainability; Gestational Diabetes Center for Women and Children.
- Jang-Won Lee & Silas Hung co- author “Histopathological alterations of juvenile green (Acipenser medirostris) and white sturgeon (Acipenser transmontanus) exposed to graded levels of dietary methylmercury” in Aquatic Toxicology. 109:90-99
- Gustavo Cruz & Jim Fadel co-authors of “Food Authenticity using natural carbon isotopes (12C, 13C, 14C) in grass-fed and grain-fed beef” in Food Science and Biotechnology. 2012 21: 295-298.
- Dong Han, Susie Huang, Weifang Wang, Dongfang Deng, & Silas Hung author “Starvation reduced heat shock protein responses in white sturgeon larvae” in Environmental Biology of Fishes. 93:333-342.
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Thanks to ALL who helped out on Decision Day: Joan Chandler, Virginia Chandler, Jeff Johnson, Lisa Nash Holmes, Emma Martinez, Sarah Warren, & Sydney Westbrook; Chris Calvert, Ed DePeters, Jim Fadel, Tom Famula, Russ Hovey, Jim Millam, Jim Murray, Anita Oberbauer, & Jan Roser; Misha Igel, Chrissy Muns & Alberto Davalos for the Horse Barn display; Jan Carlson, Jackie Pisenti, Kristy Smith, & Joel Viloria; Dan Sehnert, Mark Rubio, Frank Sauers, & Jose Villaseñor.
- Alison Van Eenennaam and her lab have submitted an entry in the first ever American Society of Animal Science Video Competition http://asas.org/videocontest/ check it out & “like” it
- Peter Robinson writes article on silage mycotoxins in April issue of Forage: (www.progressiveforage.com)
- Alison Van Eenennaam quoted on the Drovers Cattle Network www.cattlenetwork.com/drovers/features/Quantity-and-quality-147043305.html?ref=305