NEWS AND EVENTS
- PICNIC DAY tomorrow!
- At the National Conference for the Society of Minorities in Agriculture, Natural Resources and Related Sciences (MANRRS) in Jacksonville, FL, five members of the UC Davis Chapter participated and won the MANRRS Bowl Competition! This is particularly impressive because this was the first time UC Davis participated. Well done Coach Annie King! CONGRATULATIONS!
- Alison Van Eenennaam among top 3 finalists in the BIO 2016 Future Makers contest! WOW!
- Perot Saelao (Zhou Lab), Kelly Wilson (Zhou Lab), Jill Hagey (Maga Lab), and Tony Lott (La Merrill Lab) won Provost's Prize and People's Choice for Best Student Organized Session in this years 2016 Interdisciplinary Graduate and Professional Student Symposium. CONGRATULATIONS!
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Alison Van Eenennaam presented “The Role of Animal Biotechnology in the 21st Century” at BioVisionAlexandria 2016 “New Life Sciences: The Road Ahead” in Alexandria, Egypt.
- Essam Abdelfattah (post doc in Maja Makagon's lab) attended “The 2016 Bay Area Postdocs: Workshop on Scientific Teaching” at San Francisco State University and sponsored by Science Education Partnership and Assessment Lab (SEPAL).
- Frank Mitloehner attending LEAP+ meeting steering committee the at the UN FAO in Rome and presented invited talk at the Global Food and Feed Congress in Antalya, Turkey