NEWS AND EVENTS
- THANK YOU TO ALL for making Picnic Day especially fabulous!
- Alison Van Eenennaam has been selected as the recipient of the 2014 American Society of Animal Science Extension Award!
- Ermias Kebreab selected as the recipient of the AFI Ruminant Nutrition Award by the American Society of Animal Science!
- Jim Murray featured in TakePart article on genetically modified goats www.takepart.com/article/2014/04/10/gmo-goats
- Mike Miller coauthor of “Rapid parallel evolution of standing variation in a single, complex, genomic region is associated with life history in steelhead/rainbow trout” published in the Proceedings of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences
- John Eadie coauthor of “Non-stationary seabird responses reveal shifting ENSO dynamics in the northeast Pacific” in Marine Ecology Progress Series and “Comparative population structure of cavity-nesting sea ducks” in the Auk
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Anne Todgham presented seminar entitled “High and Dry: Thermal physiology of intertidal limpets during emersion” at Bodega Marine lab
- Sheep Unit hosted Merced College students covering transfer admission & UCD Sheep Program
- Frank Mitloehner spoke on "Dairy Production Efficiencies - Key to Environmental Sustainability" at the Tri-State Nutrition Conference in Fort Wayne, IN
- Russ Hovey presented his work at the University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati Children's Hospital