NEWS AND EVENTS
- PICNIC DAY—TOMORROW. Stop by all the ANS displays!
- Updated Interdisciplinary Graduate & Professional Student Symposium Award: Rachel Kurzbard recognized also received top award for oral presentation. Congratulations Rachel!
- Roberta Franco & Frank Mitloehner coauthor of “Bacterial population dynamics during the ensiling of Medicago sativa (alfalfa) and subsequent exposure to air” in J Applied Microbiology Mar 2013
- Juan Medrano coauthor of “Growth Response and Expression of Muscle Growth–Related Candidate Genes in Adult Zebrafish Fed Plant and Fishmeal Protein–Based Diets” in Zebrafish
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Alison Van Eenennaam panelist on Federation of Animal Science Societies’ webinar focused on “Does the scientific literature suggest the need for mandatory process-based labeling of GE food?” Apr 25 (register at https://fass2.webex.com/)
- Roberto Sainz at Global agriculture, food and land use conference in Britain
- Elizabeth Maga in Brazil on research collaboration