NEWS AND EVENTS
- PICNIC DAY TOMORROW! Come one come all.
- Josh Hull & his wife, Beth, welcome, Zachary, their new baby boy.
- Marci Jennings Crosby, MS with Jan Roser, receives University of Missouri College of Agriculture Food & Natural Resources 2012 Outstanding Early Career Teacher Award
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Frank Mitloehner appointed to the President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology (PCAST) Working Group on Agricultural Preparedness; PCAST is an advisory group of the nation's leading scientists and engineers, appointed by the President to augment the science and technology advice available from inside the White House , cabinet departments, & other federal agencies
- Francine Bradley judged the 20th Annual Shasta County 4-H Poultry Show’s showmanship classes & avian bowl
- Josh Hull & Bernie May received a new grant from USGS entitled “Use of Autonomic Recording Units to Monitor California Clapper Rail Calling Rates in a Tidal Marsh Ecosystem”
- Jessica Petersen, Melinda Baerwald, Ana Ibarra (UCD alum), & Bernie May suthor “A first-generation linkage map of the Pacific lion-paw scallop (Nodipecten subnodosus): Initial evidence of QTL for size traits and markers linked to orange shell color” in Aquaculture Apr 2012.
- Sérgio Juchema & Peter Robinson co-author “Grazing as an alternative for utilization of saline-sodic soils in the San Joaquin Valley: Selenium accretion and performance of beef heifers” in Science of the Total Environment, Mar 2012
- Ashley Rowson & Russ Hovey co-author “ Growth and development of the mammary glands of livestock: A veritable barnyard of opportunities” in Sem in Cell Dev Bio. Apr 2012.