NEWS AND EVENTS
- Avian Sciences (MS) alumna, Phyllis Shimabukuro-Geiser, confirmed as the Deputy Director of Agriculture for Hawaii; Phyllis was mentored by Dr. Ogasawara, is a prominent Hawaiian egg producer, & received the 1992 CAES Outstanding Young Alumna Award
- PICNIC DAY GREAT SUCCESS! THANKS TO ALL!
- Shylia Perez appointed to the position of Personnel & Finance Manager for the Food Chain Cluster!
- UC Davis Pre-Health Student Alliance Pre-Medical & Pre-Health Professions hosting small & large animal training at ANS Cole & Feedlot
- Maddy Seeley competed in the individual pack scramble demo for the Back Country Horseman’s Association National meeting in Wilton, CA taking 3rd out of 8 teams. Horse Barn pack team members Erica Falk, Victoria Rudisill, Heather Gordon and Reina McAlexander also helped hold animals for participants & prepared & cooked for the national meeting
- Kristan Reed, Luis Moraes & Ermias Kebreab co-authors of “Predicting nitrogen excretion from cattle: environmental impact of ruminant production” in J. Dairy Sci.
- Nadia Swanepoel & Peter Robinson coauthors on "Effects of ruminally protected methionine and/or phenylalanine on performance of high producing Holstein cows fed rations with very high levels of canola meal" in Animal Feed Science and Technology
OUTREACH AND TRAVEL
- Rebecca Barnett, Savannah Miller, & Anna Haller, ANS Undergrads served as official judges for the State Agricultural Science Fair at the CA FFA Leadership Convention, hosted by Fresno State College of Agriculture
- Alison Van Eenennaam spoke to North Bay Dairy Women meeting on “Prevalence and impacts of genetically engineered feedstuffs on livestock populations”
- Frank Mitloehner in Rome as Chair of the FAO Leap Steering Committee
- Alison Van Eenennaam presented a policy paper on “Regulatory Oversight of New Plant and Animal Varieties in the United States” at a two-day workshop on “Food Security: Production & Sustainability” run by the Institute on Science for Global Policy (ISGP) in partnership with Sigma Xi Scientific Research Society and Eckerd College in Florida
- Last weekend 2 Action Jackson mules take 2 first place wins at Red Bluff Round-Up race meet
- Joy Mench presents results of the Coalition for Sustainable Egg Supply project at the Ohio Poultry Association meeting in Columbus, OH